Monday, October 09, 2006

SHIKOKU

This long weekend Joy and I went to Shikoku. Joe is a fellow Alt from the next town. She is originally from Hawaii. We caught the ferry from Beppu to Yawatahama. And then caught the train to Uwajima. Uwajima is famous for Bovine wrestling it's Sex Museum. We caught a cab to the sex museum, and when we told the driver our destination he laughed. We understood why after we went there. The museum was very interesting but it was somewhat disturbing as well. I don't think I want to see any drawings or models of private parts for a VERY long time. After that we went to the Youth Hostel. It was very out of the way, but had a fantastic view of the city. The following day we caught the train to Matsuyama. It was my second time to Matsuyama but last time I had no time to enter the castle or go to an onsen. The castle was good but because of the restoration of the main section the view was not so good. Lower down the view was very nice anyway (picture). On the way down we went to a garden, which are the old footings of the samurai's residence. That night we went to the famous Dogo onsen. It was so busy... people were waiting to wash and in the onsen we were all pretty close. I can't say I enjoyed it very much but at least I can say I went. After dinner Joy and I went to a game arcade, and threw a few balls, raced mario cars, bashed out Taiko and whacked the heads of some squirrel looking things. After that we went to Karaoke. It was my first time to do karaoke sober! It was quite fun. The following day we went to another onsen which was much nicer. It was less crowded and therefore a lot more relaxing. Sitting in an onsen on my birthday was great, much better than being a work. After some MORE shopping we made our way back to the ferry at Yawatahama and returned home. Happy Birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters