Monday, May 08, 2006

Hinamatsuri and Sakura

Hinamatsuri is a dolls festival celebrated for girls on March 3rd. The dolls are displayed for about a month before the festival, and on March 3rd they are put away. It is believed that if they aren't put away on this date then the girls will not be married until they are older (30+). March is also the time of Sakura (the cherry blossoms) and lucky for me there are lots of them along the river that I live on. It is considered good luck to go eat (and drink) whilst sitting under the cherry blossoms.
I finally had my camera with me when the man was walking his cat. He carries a brush with him although I have never seen him brushing it along the river. I don't particularly like cats but I think this one is rather lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters