Monday, October 17, 2005

Our little train ride!













16/10 Choo choo! I went walking with Ria on this Sunday morning and she told me that one of the local train lines were 100 yen for as far as you want (max about 50km). 100 yen is about $1.20. So I decided to join Ria and her family on a train ride. We went to a small town called Aka as there was supposed to be a carnival of some kind. When we arrived everyone lined up to buy tickets for a little train which we thought would take us to carnival area. We waited for about an hour and a half for our turn on this little train, we realised that the same people that went down came back. After all the waiting the train took us about 1km to a ............. man made tunnel!!! Actually I'd say 60% of the ride was in these tunnels. The attraction in the tunnel were these really tiny bats. There were quite interesting as they were so quick it seemed like you were watching shadows. Freaky! But I guess the whole point is we waited soooo long and paid a heap for this dodgie little train ride. Terry was far from impressed which just made me and Ria laugh more. Charlie and Te Akonga had their hands on their ears most of the time because the racket the train made going through the tunnels. There was this interesting 'straw' hut made from the spent rice stalks (I can't for the life of me remember what the proper name is). After the disappointment of the choo choo we went to Saigawa where there was a jumping castle and FOOD! I was hungry bum by this stage. We ate, at the few stalls and came home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters