Sunday, November 06, 2005

Izumi Bunkasai

6/11 Izumi Junior High Bunkasai. This is one of my schools. An earlier posting showed all the students making these models and posters. Un- fortunately on this day it was raining, so I couldn't get good or many photos of the models. And due to the rain, they weren't burnt either. I am not sure what happened to them in the end as I spend the next week at my other school. 1st prize for the model was the vending machine. 2nd was the Majii Ranger (red) and it was either Stitch or Sponge Bob for 3rd. Stitch was my favourite. Out of the posters I cant remember who won but they all did a great job with them. At the bunkasai they also had a chorus competition where each class sings a song. There is little or no teacher involvement in the preparation, one student plays the piano and one of the students conducts the class. The groups were fantastic. At the end the whole school sang together. Approximately 500 students... it was a great sight and sounded great too.
P.S. Bunkasai = school festival

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters