Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sumo

19/11 Sumo. Fortunately the sumo championships came to Fukuoka City (close-ish) so we got the opportunity to go watch it. Sumo is alot more interesting and exciting than I had expected. It was very exciting even though the bouts don't last very long. The great thing about sumo too is you can go really close to the athletes. You can go watch them warm up and they just walk around before and after they compete. Most are really tall. One I saw was definately 7 ft. One thing I was really surprised at is how much muscle these men have. The last picture is the best display of this. Look at that muscley bum! Also their flexibility is amazing. Look at the second last photo. If only I had that flexibility, I'd be a gun at karate.

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Chris Powell said...

Thats awesome. I would of loved to have gone to the sumo but my money situation wouldnt allow it. Some of the people in Usa went though and said it was cool to. Thank god for pay day tomorrow. Yay.

Have to catch up soon.

Chris

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Chris Powell said...

Hey Margie I cant get your videos to play

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Margie Speirs said...

Yeah, sorry Chris. They were really big so people were having some trouble with them. I think from now on I will only do photos.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Chris Powell said...

hey, still no updates. totemo heta.

hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters