Sunday, October 22, 2006

Kuju Mountain

Sunday 22nd. Andria invited me to go hiking to Mt Kuju with people from her office. Andria is a new ALT who lives in Yukuhashi but works in Miyako Town. Kumi, Andria and DJ picked me up at about 6 am, we then picked up Yuko and drove to Kuju-san. The hike was very busy with people and for the start of the hike we had to go at a very slow pace. A huge change to the pace of the Yakushima hike, plus I didn't have a heavy pack. The last section was a little difficult as the ground was loose, and with many loose rocks. It was difficult to not slip on the way up, but much more difficult not to slip on the way down. We reached the peak at about 10:30. There is a photo of the group I hiked with and one of Yuko and I at the top signpost. The Autumn leaves are starting to change, which made the walk quite beautiful and scenic. The wind was also quite strong, which made seeing the clouds swirling around and flying past the mountains quite fascinating. The peak you can see in the distant behind the other mountain is Mt Kuju (where we walked to). It looks quite far, but didn't seem we walked that far. Afterwards we went to Onsen. It was the first time I have visited an onsen twice. I had visited this onsen when I went a bbq trip with my karate sensei and his family. The trip back seemed long but we were back by about 6. A long but very nice day.

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Chris Powell said...

looks cool, it must be starting to get pretty cold over there. Its th eopposite here. Looking forward to coming home for christmas? Hope we get a chance to catch up. chris

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Margie Speirs said...

Hey Chris,
Yes, it has started to get quite cold. It's not too bad YET. I am looking forward to coming home for Chrissy. I will be there for 3.5 weeks so I hope we get to catch up. You can practice your Japanese on me! Margs

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Chris Powell said...

hey margie, youre right i am better at updating than yours, hehehehe. How have u been. Im pretty good, just busy doing normal stuff, partying hard, going to lots of concerts etc.... Met someone new. That last one was a dud. WHat have u been up to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters