Sunday, December 31, 2006

Home Sweet Home Part 1

I returned to Australia via Hong Kong for a 3 week holidays. I decided to stay a long time as last year 2 weeks didn't seem enough. As we flew into Hong Kong, it was clear and from the plane it was a beautiful view. Apparently this is rare occurrence. I had about a 9 hour stop-over so I went and did a bit of shopping. It was a little strange that everyone spoke English there. I guess that's the result of living in Japan too long. I was surprised at how cheap things were and kept on double checking my currency conversions. Apart from shopping I didn't do a great deal as I was worried about the time it would take me to get back to the airport. Arriving at Sydney Airport I thought "Wow, look at all the foreigners!!!" I guess I had got used to seeing Asian faces all the time. I probably forgot how different I look. Cam, my brother, picked me up from the airport, which was great. I had not seen or spoken to him for such a long time.Over the next week I spent time with my Mum, Grandparents Bern and Elva, Great Aunt Melva and a bit of time with my sister and her boys. At least the youngest one Matthew remembered me this time! I was also able to spend time with Milly!!! I miss having animals around in Japan.
Mum, Poppy (Bern), Jetty (Elva), Melva and I took a road trip down to Mogo Zoo near Bateman's Bay. Mogo Zoo is known for is white tigers and I think also for some species of monkeys. It was very nice.
Again this year Mum and I went to the Nowra Rodeo. My pictures were a lot better last year. It was kind of disappointing to see small kids put up on large quarter horses to do the barrel race. It was clear that the horse had good training rather than the kid being in control. The little Australian pony with a 3 year old was awesome. The horse just walked the whole barrel race. She ended up getting the biggest applause of any event! Her 5 year old brother with a similar horse managed a trot. It takes me back to Kerry, a pony we borrowed who only ever went the speed he wanted to.
For New Year's I went to Sydney and spent with friends from Uni. We went down to the Coogee Bay. Nice and relaxed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters