Saturday, January 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home Part 2

After New Year's I had drinks with some more Uni friends at "The Rege", a place we frequented while at Uni and for some still frequent. It was great to see faces and understand all the conversations that were going on around me!!!
I then flew to Victoria to see Kath, Barn, Dad, and Dad's side of the family. Sorry family there's too many to list. After staying a night in Bendigo we drove through to near Ballarat to meet one of my best friends from school, Lucille. On the way to Birregurra, we stopped into see Rambo, our little (now gelded) boy. He had grown so much and reminded me how much I would like to get back into riding. The pictures are of Lake Corangamite (near Colac) and a paddock close by. Even though it is the middle of summer there is usually some water/feed around. The lack of water can easily be seen. It was a bit of a shock coming from Japan to see this as Japan has a lot of rainfall.
We drove onto Birre and stayed there the night. Kath was breaking in Lara, and re-educating Elle (pictured) to be sold. I was able to have a ride on Lara, but because it was her first day with a person on her she was unsure of what to do. She was a sweety anyway. After that we went down to Apollo Bay and had a BBQ with REAL sausages!!! It was sooo good. Tess though so too! I got Barns to stage some good BBQ pictures for school. I don't think they will ever look close enough to see what kind of drink he is holding! Kath entertained us with a bit of broom guitar, and will probably kill me for putting it on the website. The next day I had my first try at surfing. It is something I would like to try again when I return back to the land of drought and beach!
I only had three days in Victoria before heading back up to Sydney and Nowra.
Mum, Melva, Jetty and I took a trip up Cambewarra Mountain lookout (pictured) and over to Kangaroo Valley. It was very nice there. If only I had a spare 1/2-1 million I would buy some property.
Before leaving Australia I had another bash with my friend in Sydney and had a great time. I had forgotten how different it was to hang out firend you have known for a long time. Thanks guys for a great time and reminding me what great people you are!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Counters